CDM places duties on the Principal Client, Principal Contractor & Principal Designer, as well as all contractors on site to apply the following safety principles.
- Eliminate or control risks so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Ensure work is effectively planned.
- Appoint the right people and organisations at the right time.
- Make sure that everyone has the right information, instruction, training, and supervision to carry out their work safely and without risks to health.
- Have systems in place to help parties cooperate & communicate with each other & coordinate their work.
- Consult workers with a view to securing effective heath safety and welfare measures.
- Ensure any actions required are sensible and proportionate to the risk.
Please Note: The reason we have site rules and induction is for two reasons; it is a stated requirement under CDM regulations, and the law requires all of us to work safely.